Carriyo uses APIs to integrate with the carrier system. We do not support legacy batch or file based integrations via FTP, EDI etc.
We prefer to integrate via REST API as it easier to build and maintain and are the most common choice for building integrations. We can also build integration using SOAP API if the carrier does not support REST. Regardless, it is essential to have a clear specification in the form a WSDL (for SOAP API), and OAS (for REST API), along with clear examples to enable a smooth integration.
Carriyo can support different authentication methods as per the carrier requirement. The most common methods are Basic Authentication, Oauth2.0, and other Token or Header based Authentication (via API Key, Client ID etc).
We generally discourage use of clear text username and password in the request body for security reasons.
DO YOU COMPLY?
- Do you have a clear API specification with detailed examples?
- What authentication method does your API support?
Please Note: Carriyo expects all API calls to respond within 30 seconds
Carriyo is a platform providing real-time visibility to its clients and hence requires carriers to support real-time status updates via webhooks. Carriyo will process any status updates received from the carrier in real-time.
We are able to use an existing standard payload provided by the carrier, as long as the payload contains the following information. Alternatively, we can provide a standard format that we use to consume webhooks.
- Tracking Number: carrier's unique tracking number to identify the shipment
- Status Code: current status of the shipment
- Status Change Date: date & time the status was changed
- Current Location: current location of the shipment, including geo coordinates
- Any additional details such as driver name, driver phone, recipient name, proof of delivery etc.