6. Shipment Tracking
In addition to the receiving real-time status updates from the carrier (via webhooks), Carriyo also checks shipment status on-demand. Carriyo will automatically pull the status of the shipment from the carrier if the shipment status has not been updated for 24 hours. This is a safety net to ensure Carriyo is never out-of-sync with the actual status of the shipment.
Carriyo needs an API endpoint to pull the status from the carrier, which takes the tracking number and returns a full status history of the shipment including status code and status change date for every status event.
Carriyo prefers to use a bulk endpoint for this requirement to track multiple shipments in a single call, making this process efficient on both sides.
DO YOU COMPLY?
- Do you support real-time status updates via webhooks?
- Do you support an API to track status history?
- Is a bulk endpoint available to track multiple shipments in a single call?
THINGS TO NOTE
- If you do not support a webhook callback, then please provide a bulk endpoint that can track status for multiple shipments in a single call.
- The response should include a full history of status events for each shipment
- The response should include the date and time of the each status event, along with a status code and optionally a reason code (to provide more granular information on the status)
- The status event date should ideally be an ISO 8601 format (preferably in UTC) to avoid confusion with time zones and formats.
- The response could optionally include additional delivery details such as driver name, driver phone, recipient name and proof of delivery (link to an image or pdf)